Friday, January 11, 2013

Increasingly impassioned with webcomic community

Well, here's the update for Page 80 of the Tomb of the Undead. I really liked the opening scene, and felt it really said a lot while they were entering the scene. I think this might be the turning point in the comic where I started to get the hang of drawing these characters - but then again, the artwork continues to be an evolving animal, changing in complexity (both up and down) and reflective of my attitude when I'm creating it, which is that special something about creating art.

I hope you like it.

Dr. Miller, Dr. Bolam and Evelyn return to Escutcheon's office in search of a new direction in Call the office.

See more by following the links:
Webcomic news
I've recently become much more impassioned with webcomics than graphic novels, and think that the work I'm doing falls more in line with that species of art. But, who am I to classify it - in any case, the online community seems much more vibrant around webcomics than graphic novels anyhow. I think I'll be happier there.

Webcomics I've been following up with:
Buttersafe  from Alex Culang and Raynato Castro
Silent Pirate from Ahmed Fahim
Curvy from Sylvan Migdal @SylvanMigdal
Zombie Ranch from Dawn and Clint Wolf @zombieranch
Tripp from "Spinester" @kingsburymanx
Katamari from Alex Culang and Raynato Castro (the folks at Buttersafe)
Garfield minus Garfield from  Dan Walsh  @GMinusG
Super Haters from  Nick Marino @Super_haters
Goblins from  Thunt
Cyanide and Happiness from Kris Wilson, Dave McElfatrick and Rob DenBleyker @Explosm
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal from Zach Weiner

There are a whole cast of other webcomics out there I'm interested in following up with, but haven't yet jumped at like El Goonish Shive, Accursed Dragon, Tales of a Checkered Man, which are next on my schedule. 

If you've got any recommendations for me leave a comment and I'll look into it, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, I am glad you have taken the time to leave a comment. Thanks - I am looking forward to reading it.