Monday, August 9, 2010

Act III, scene 1 "Meet Mugabe"

I've titled each scene of the script to help me keep track of what happens in it while I'm writing everything. Some of the titles are clever taking a turn of phrase from the script to embody the idea of the whole scene. In some cases they aren't clever - like "Opening Image" and "Clear out your desk."

I'd like, in the end, for each update of the comic to have a title - I think that'd be really neat - though I'm not entirely married to the idea. It will give the appearance of 'episodes.'

Though, the titles make it a bit more fun, that's for sure. Anyhow - after the turn to Act III the first scene is called "Meet Mugabe" if you were wondering. It basically gives you the back-story on the villain that's been causing trouble through the script.

I've also finished the second scene titled "Coming Through Slaughter" which is an homage (in title only) to Michael Ondaatje's fantastic story of Buddy Bolden. This book is absolutely amazing - one of my favourites. If you get a chance to ask me to borrow it, I hope you do. It's very good.

I think I might rename the next scene, "Silence of the Lambs" but I'm not sure about it yet. I'm not even sure if I want there to be lambs in it - It will definitely have pigs, though - which featured heavily into the Silence of the Lambs sequel, Hannibal. Hmm - I like that title for the scene more and more, actually. (smiling)

Two more scenes and that's a good day for me. I also did another sketch of the character Dr. Casey Miller to see if he'd look stupid or not if I ... did something to him in one of these scenes. I think it's going to work out nicely. Perhaps I'll post it soon. And not to get ahead of myself or anything - but I've set up a new blog domain for the script itself, called: Tomb of the Undead, which you can find at tomb-of-the-undead.blogspot.com (there's nothing there yet)

I'm excited about this story - and hope that some day soon people will get a chance to learn more about it. It's hard to have something in development that you want to share with people while you're excited about it - but can't really, or else they lose interest (because they hear about it for months and years at a time - yet it never seems to be done).

I'm very close to finishing the script - and that's really important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, I am glad you have taken the time to leave a comment. Thanks - I am looking forward to reading it.