Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Edits

I spent some time this morning working on a key element of the first and final acts which is basically a puzzle/poem that archaeologists discover in the first scene, which they crack in the last scene. This meant that I had to know what the puzzle was going to be, how the characters would come to solve the puzzle and what solving the puzzle would lead to. Now that the details are in place, I'm that much closer to doing my artwork.

Also, after editing during my first read-through of the script as a whole, I made plenty of notes on how to shorten some dialogue, speed some scenes up, add extra important details and clues and make interesting, cohesive layers to the story, characters and scenery.

So - of the 113 pages I printed out in the first rough draft, I've editing the first 44 pages (which is about scene 9 of the second act - just a little ways before the mid-way point. So that's good for a day's work. I'm excited that it's coming together as well as it is.

I'm really looking forward to being able to start sharing the story with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, I am glad you have taken the time to leave a comment. Thanks - I am looking forward to reading it.