Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finished next draft

Well - I finished the review and editing of the first draft, and the third act had what I would almost consider a rewrite. There were important parts that I've always expected to be in the final that weren't even there. I can see now that I was just writing to get something down on paper so that I had something to edit later.

Frankly - I was a bit surprised and disappointed with myself to have omitted some of the details and action and characters. What was I thinking when I wrote this thing? But, gladly, there is always time for a review, always time for an edit - and now I'm quite happy with how things have turned out with it.

This morning I wrapped up the last few bits of the script and that's great. I'll have to review it and see how it feels one more time before I'm ready to start the official writing - but that doesn't mean that I didn't already start drawing/drafting some of the settings from the first act. I'll post them very shortly. I'm excited to see some of the material actually came to me quite naturally - normally when I'm drawing settings I require a reference, normally a photo or a picture, to borrow ideas and details from. But I've got a decent idea of my settings so far, and was able to come up with some good stuff without much need for references.

Anyhow, I'm in a fight about furniture right now - can't continue posting my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, I am glad you have taken the time to leave a comment. Thanks - I am looking forward to reading it.